- The National Association of Realtors surveyed their members & released the findings of their Annual Profile of Home Staging.
- 50% of staged homes saw a 1-10% increase in dollar value offers from buyers.
- 77% of buyer’s agents said staging made it easier for buyers to visualize the home as their own.
- The top rooms to stage in order to attract more buyers are the living room, master bedroom, kitchen, and dining room.
5 reasons you should stage your home:
1. Get the Highest Price for Your Home. A well-staged home is aesthetically pleasing. Everything looks inviting, comfortable, and simple. It elicits a strong emotion from buyers: desire.
2. Your Home Will Sell Faster - The Association of Property Scene Designers states that staged homes sell for 43% more quickly than unstaged homes. 'Nuf said.
3. Staging Helps with Procrastination - yes, your stager will want many of your tsatskes and collector items put away. This is called decluttering and depersonalizing. You will have to tackle this at some point. Get it done early, store boxes in the basement, a POD, or rent a storage unit for a few months.
4, Staging Will Teach you a Few Things. Maybe you never had a decorator and you've done it all yourself. Those floral curtains in the bedroom, the layout of the pictures over the living room sofa, the furniture placement in the family room or the overlarge chair in the den. It all works for you which is great - but a stager might just show you "better" which is something you can take with you to your new home.
5. You Never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression - is a favorite line with stagers and real estate agents. If you don't stage before you list, guess what? You've lost time and money - the two things that are all but promised if you stage your home before listing it for sale.
You get a good feeling when you walk into a home that has been properly staged. It's not fake, it's more than just placemats and wine glasses on the dining room table. It just feels good.