New Construction Homes typically come with some new features that older homes would simply not have.
- better insulation, newer building codes require much more insulation on your walls and ceilings, many new homes will have a sprayed on insulation
- energy efficient windows, regardless of the brand, windows in a new home will be good energy savers
- smoke and carbon monoxide detectors - standard on new homes
- energy efficient furnace, water heater and appliances
- LED lights. LED technology is here, most new homes will have LED lightening throughout
- smart thermostat (easily controlled with your smart phone)
- better and safer electrical panels( mainly more sensitive breakers )
- sump pump and a battery backup on it
New homes are generally speaking more eco friendly. Building codes are more strict and require use of better suited materials. Of course a newly constructed comes with its price tag, so it may be a good option to look into a rehabbed home as those would typically have to adhere to new building codes...